Uses Structure Wisely
Three indicators that caring for widows is NOT inferior to the apostles' ministries of prayer and the ministry of the word:
- They addressed the need IMMEDIATELY
- They required SPIRITUAL MATURITY in those who would meet the need
- Spiritual Maturity
- Good reputation
- The word used to describe "serving tables" (diakonia) is THE SAME WORD USED to describe "the ministry of the word"
How can we best handle problems & needs as they come up in the church today?
My Next Step with God is to...
- fill out my own "pie chart" reflecting where I'm spending my time. Is there room for mentoring relationships & other ministry?
- consider which approach to ministry I actually prefer:
- hired ministers and supporting congregations
- equal oppurtunity for all to serve in meaningful ways
- ask God who at Cornerstone He might want me to pursue a more intentional friendship with (think mentoring and being mentored)
- participate in the home group book study, "Letters to the Church" by Francis Chan as a companion study to the sermon series (chapter 7)
Topics: church, discipleship, structure, trellis