"What makes a day 'Good'?"
Three different reasons people suffer:
- People suffer for BEING STUPID
- People suffer for PERSONAL GROWTH
- People suffer for THE NAME OF JESUS
Am I a courageous member of the body of Christ, ready to suffer for the honor of Jesus' name?
My next step with God is to...
- spend some time considering these "response questions":
- Do I generally avoid resistance?
- Can I think of times I have recently invited resistance for someone else's spiritual good?
- ask God for an opportunity to bring honor to Jesus' name and the courage to take it
- watch for how people in the Bible responded to suffering as I continue reading through the book of Acts.
- participate in the home group book study, "Letters to the Church" by Francis Chan as a companion study to the sermon series (chapter 6)