The Most Terrifying and the most Comforting Words in all of I Peter
Is the devil really real? Matthew 4:8-11
Ways the devil uses TEMPTATION:
- He shows you the bait and hides the hook.
- He gets you to rationalize sin as virtue.
- He helps you notice the sins of those you admire.
- He encourages you to overemphasize God’s mercy.
- He makes you bitter over suffering.
- He shows you how many bad people seem to live great lives.
- He gets you to compare one part of your life to another.
Ways the devil uses ACCUSATION:
- He causes you to look more at your sin than your savior.
- He causes you to obsess over your past sins.
- He makes you think the troubles you are facing are punishment from God.
- He makes you think the inner struggle you have is a struggle no real christian would have.
Ways the devil uses Doubt:
- Did God really say...
Ways we can RESIST the devil:
- Know the truth.
- Know God intimately.
- Prioritize community.
“And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast.” I Peter 5:10