The Church & Politics
Are followers of Jesus supposed to be active in politics? Or are we supposed to focus on strictly spiritual matters?
4 Biblical Absolutes:
- There are two kingdoms in conflict. John 18:36
- Every believer has dual citizenship. Mark 12:13-17
- Human governments are ordained by God to restrain evil. Romans 13:1-4, 1 Peter 2:13-14
- The Church is ordained by God to make disciples. Matthew 28:18-20
6 Biblical Principles:
- Let the Church be the church. Colossians 3:1
- Pray. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Preach & Teach
- Live the Life
- Don’t expect the government to achieve what only the church can do.
- Don’t expect the Church to accomplish what only individual believers can achieve.
My NEXT STEP with God is to…
- …ask, “Has God given me a passion about an issue I have not yet acted on?” What would my first step be?
- …ask God how He wants me to be active in my community.
- …consider where I would place myself on the political spectrum. Isolationist/Activist? Is this where God wants me to stay?
- …start praying specifically for governing leaders by name.
Topics: government, politics