The Church and Understanding Abortion
What would you say to a believer who says they “need an abortion?”
What is the history of abortion in the world?
What were Planned Parenthood’s arguments for abortion at first?
What is the “Pro-Life” argument against abortion?
- Human life begins at conception
- The fetus is a developing human
- To kill a human being is murder
What do we know medically about the development of the unborn?
- A heartbeat starts at 25 days
- Brain activity starts at 45 days
- Voluntary movement begins at 13-25 weeks
How have the arguments changed with technology and why?
How have we as Christians made the problem worse?!
How has God shown His value of Human life to us?
- Design – Gen. 1:27 God designed us in His image
- Protection Gen. 6:9 God put a special command of protection on mankind.
- Cost I Cor. 6:19-20 God paid with His son's life to redeem us.
How does this apply to the unborn?
- Psalm 139:13-16 God is involved with us from day 1.
- Jeremiah 1:4-5 God has a plan for us from conception
- Luke 1:36-45 A baby responds separately from the mother.
- Exodus 21:22-25 Even accidental abortion is considered murder
How can we help rather than worsen the problem?
- Help women find forgiveness & healing I John 1:9
- Take responsibility Proverbs 24:11-12 (Get Involved)
- Don’t sin to fight sin! Rom 13:1-3
- Speak the truth in love. Ephesians 4:15
- Watch the movie. “Unplanned” (available Aug 13 on DVD)
- Show love and understanding to people impacted by abortions!
- Get involved by ….Praying, Giving, or Volunteering at “Life’s Choices”
- Obey the laws of our land, but not into sin.
- Be loving as I speak the truth on this issue.