How does God really feel about Sex?
God is very much Pro-Sex.
4 Reasons God made us sexual creatures:
- Physical Pleasure - Proverbs 5:18-19, Song of Solomon 2:3
- Procreation - Genesis 1:28
- Relational Intimacy - Genesis 2:18-225
- A Spiritual Object Lesson - Ephesians 5:31-32
If God is so pro-sex, then why does it seem like He is so Anti-Sex when I read the Bible?
Myths people believe about God & sex:
- MYTH: Christians’ sex lives and views of sex are dull, boring, and “out of touch.”
- TRUTH: The scriptures command God’s people to be downright erotic in their marital love.
- MYTH: As long as people love each other, sex is ok with God.
- TRUTH: The Bible prohibits all sexual relationships outside of marriage.
- MYTH: Everyone needs to sow their wild oats and experiment sexually before they settle down in a long-term relationship.
- TRUTH: Sexual sins have a uniquely devastating impact on people’s lives because it’s a sin against yourself.
- MYTH: It’s too late for me; sexual sin is so powerful, nothing can loosen its grip on my life.
- TRUTH: Christ died to pay the penalty of your sin and break its power in your life.
My NEXT STEP with God, THIS WEEK
- What I most needed to hear from what we talked about today was ...
- My next step with God in response to my answer above is ...