God is a Jealous God Don’t Try to Replace Him (week 2)
Week #2: Have I replaced God in any way?
Even good things can become bad things when they become ruling things.
FOOD__ ACCEPTANCE __
SEX __ PLEASURE __
MONEY __ SUCCESS __
CONTROL __ RESPECT __
What do I think about and what do I imagine will bring me happiness?
What pleasure do I want so badly that I’m willing to sin in order to get it? Or what do I fear losing so much that I think nothing of sinning in order to hang onto it?
DIAGNOSTIC QUESTIONS TO REVEAL MY IDOLS:
- What did you want, desire, or wish for?
- What did you fear? What were you worrying about?
- What did you think you needed?
- What were your strategies and intentions designed to accomplish?
- What or whom were you trusting?
- Whom were you trying to please? Whose opinion of you counted?
- What were you loving? Hating?
- What would have brought you the greatest pleasure, happiness, or delight? What would have brought you the greatest pain and misery?
My NEXT STEP with God
- …use the diagnostic questions from my program notes the next time I catch myself choosing wrong instead of right.
- …read Romans 8 for hope & help in the battle against my idols.
- …participate in a home group for support in the battle.
- …share my story (including my struggle) with someone on my Pi2 list.