THE TRUTH ABOUT COMPLAINING
- Complaining is Natural. Numbers 11:1-3
- Complaining is usually inaccurate. Numbers 11:4-6
- Complaining is Contagious. Numbers 11:10
- Complaining is an Insult to God. Numbers 11:10,18-20
- Complaining unchecked leads to Death. Numbers 11:31-34
What tempts ME to complain?
Is there a way to maintain a spirit of JOY & GRATITUDE even when life isn’t going the way I want it to?
Your JOY is not attached to your situation anywhere near as strongly as it’s attached to your perspective.
PERSPECTIVE SHAPING PASSAGES:
Philippians 4:4-7 “The Lord is Near.”
I Peter 1:6-7 “trials are given to Refine & Reveal my faith.”
WAYS TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY, GOD-CENTERED PERSPECTIVE:
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Make time for silence.
- Surround yourself with the right people.
- Fight the Fight - resist complaining with gratitude & humility
My NEXT STEP with God, THIS WEEK is to…
- …choose one of the “Ways to maintain a healthy, God-centered perspective” and put it into practice.
- …read the account of Jesus’ crucifixion (Mark 14:12-16:8) in one sitting as a perspective-shaper.
- …join the follow-up discussion at one of the three home groups.
- …with God’s help, abandon a specific way I complain and replace it with gratitude (use “The Truth about Complaining” from your notes as a helpful reminder).