Which Law Are You Living Under?
How well do you know the gospel?
“The gospel is _________________.”
The way you relate to other people indicates WHICH LAW YOU ARE LIVING UNDER.
Why should I show mercy to someone who really doesn’t deserve it?James 2:12-13
- I DON’T DESERVE IT EITHER.
- AND WHAT IF I DON’T??? James 2:13
“Judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful.”
Am I really supposed to show mercy to the unmerciful?
- They’re the ones who need it the most.
- God has promised to BRING JUSTICE where needed.
- Make sure my faith is genuinely in Jesus, not my own efforts at righteousness.
- Examine my responses to people inside and outside of my family. Am I granting mercy to others in proportion to the mercy God has given me?
- Read “Gentle & Lowly” by Dane Ortlund to gain a better understanding of Jesus’ heart for sinners and sufferers, because God has called me to reflect the same kind of heart toward the sinners & sufferers I know.
- Read “Les Miserables” to see a beautiful picture of how “mercy triumphs over judgment”.