Finding security & hope in Jesus’ death and resurrection”
Part 2: Romans 6:1-14
Jesus’ DEATH offers me security.
Jesus’ RESURRECTION offers me hope.
Can you identify one personal struggle you would love to overcome?
How can I break free from the grip of sin?
Think of yourself as the “new self”, not the “old self”.
Actively resist sins that attract you.
2 ways people overcome:
The struggle is goes away.
I become stronger than the desire.
Where has God already given you victory?
My NEXT STEP with God, THIS WEEK is to…
- …believe God when He says sin is no longer my master.
- …bring my struggle to God with new resolve to fight it by the power of the resurrection.
- …memorize one or more verses from Romans 6:1-14 as spiritual ammunition for the battle.
- …share my struggle with a trusted friend or find a counselor for support in the fight.
- …share with someone this week one victory over sin I’ve experienced by God’s power.