The Gospel is Good News, not Good Advice
The most important message of the Bible: How can my relationship with God be made right?
What is the difference between “good advice” and “good news”?
- Good Advice: Something I need to do
- Good News: Something that already happened
- The Problem (Titus 3:3): We're broken & far from God
- The Solution (Titus 3:4-6): Jesus came to rescue & heal
- The Result (Titus 3:7): We get to become heirs of God
When I confuse the advice with the news, I miss the news, I still have the problem and I can't follow the advice.
Good Advice: faith + works = salvation ❌
Good News: faith + Nothing = salvation ✔️
What is your emotional response to Jesus?
How do you speak with others about Jesus?
My NEXT STEP with God is to…
- …seriously consider: “Do I think of the gospel as “good news” or “good advice?”
- …confess to God an unhealthy way I’ve been approaching God.
- …ask God for an opportunity to share the most important message of the Bible, the good news of the gospel, with someone soon.
- …continue the conversation by participating in one of the home groups.