Grappling with His Identity
- How does the author describe the identity of God’s Son?
- What is the relationship between God and Jesus in these descriptions?
- “God has spoken to us by His Son”
- “whom He appointed heir of all things”
- “through whom He made the universe”
- “The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being”
- “Sustaining all things by His powerful word”
- “He provided purification for sins”
- “He sat down at the right hand of the majesty in heaven”
- “So He became as much superior to the angels as the name He has inherited is superior to theirs”
How do I know Jesus’ identity in Hebrews has NOT been exaggerated?
- The resurrection
- The martyrdom of many eye witnesses
- The date Hebrews was written
My “next steps” this week with God:
- Do I believe the claims Hebrews makes of Jesus?
- If I do believe, am I in AWE & WONDER of who Jesus is?