God wants me to take my leaders seriously
What does it mean to take our leaders seriously?
- Choose your pastors carefully. I Timothy 3
- Give your pastors freedom to lead. I Timothy 5:17
- Show appropriate respect & honor to pastors who lead well. I Timothy 5:17-18
- Pastors must be held accountable. I Timothy 5:19-20
Why is it important that rebuke is public?
- It assures the congregation that disqualifying sin on the part of an
elder will not be covered up.
- It warns other leaders not to believe they can get away with wrong.
- It protects the flock from abusive leaders.
A word to slaves in Paul's day
- If you’re a slave, respect your master.
- If your master is a christ follower, serve them even better!
What does this have to do with me?
Your beauty in the eyes of God is magnified by your willingness to serve others who don’t deserve it.
My NEXT STEP with God this week:
- …check my attitude toward those God has called me to serve. “God, help me to serve ________________ as if I am serving You directly.”
- …show honor to a pastor or church leader who has been a blessing to me by _________________ (What will you DO?).