Fighting Temptation to Win
Fighting Temptation to WIN!
ROUND 1: Cravings Matt 4:2-4
The temptation is to satisfy our cravings in a way that dishonors God.
ROUND 2: Testing God Matt 4:5-7
The temptation is to test God when what God wants is for us to trust Him.
ROUND 3: Shortcuts Matt 4:-8-10
The temptation is to take shortcuts and skip the hard stuff.
Tips for the fight:
- Recognize the source of your temptation.
- Acknowledge the enemy can only appeal to the desires you already have.
- Project where the temptation will take you (long term).
Where do you face your most dangerous temptation?
- Add to my arsenal for the battle against temptation by choosing 1 or 2 relevant scriptures to memorize.
- For general temptation: I Cor 10:13; James 4:7-8; Phil 2:13.
- For boasting: Matt 6:1. Fighting lust: Matt 5:27-28.
- Fighting anger: Matt 5:21-22.
- Find others for your temptation!
- Join the journey through the New Testament by reading 5 chapters/week.
- Take a step deeper into community by participating in a home group for the Jan-Feb session.