3 REASONS WHY PEOPLE SUFFER:
- Their own poor choices
- They live in a sin broken world
- Divine Appointment
HOW DOES GOD MAKE SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL OUT OF OUR SUFFERING?
1. Suffering prepares us to help others through their suffering.
Suffering expands our capacity to receive comfort from Christ.
What is the comfort we receive from Christ?
- I know what you're going through
- I'm with you in this
- I'm doing something good here
- I will delivery you at the right time
2. God uses suffering to grant us a deeper knowledge of divine comfort & deliverance.
How can I follow Paul’s example and receive the comfort I need from God?
- Ask for it
- Pursue God in it
- Don't hide your suffering from others
- Don't confuse comfort with deliverance
- Know that your suffering will have a deliverance
My NEXT STEP with God, THIS WEEK:
- Ask: How has God used suffering in the past to deepen my
relationship with him and others?
- Consider: What burdens or suffering do I need to bring to God
and trust Him with now?
- Find STRENGTH in suffering by reading Joseph’s story in
- Find HOPE in suffering by reading Job’s story in the Old Testament
book of Job.
- Find A VOICE in my suffering by reading some of the “lament
psalms” (Psalm 3-5, 13, 22, 25, 28, 40, 42, etc