What does Paul “fix his eyes on” that might help us too?
- What’s the difference between our Physical body and our Eternal body.
- What will it be like to be in the actual presence of God?
What does Paul conclude?
- There are Better things to come. V6
- We can't see some of the most profound realities that exist. V7
- To be in God's presence is better than anything else this world can offer. V8
- My #1 priority is to please God in this life (and in the life to come). V9
- After this life, we will face judgement. V10
How will I respond?
- Choose to live by faith. V7
- Look forward to what God promised is coming. V8
- Make it your goal to please God in this life. V9
- Realize that what I do in this life matters in the next. V10
- Make sure my eternal destiny is secured by the blood of Jesus, personally applied to my sin.
- Daydream about God's eternal promises, all of which will certainly come true. (Dig into some of the passages we touched on today. 1 Corinthians 3, 15; Revelation 20-22.)
- Examine my priorities to determine if my main goal is genuinely to please God.
- While enjoying some of my present blessings, remember my future blessings are far greater.