Will My Kids Turn Out OK?
WHAT CAN I DO TO GIVE MY KIDS WHAT THEY NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Make sure God and I are working off the same blueprints. Psalm 127:1
“Effective parenting involves explaining to our children what they are already seeing in our lives.” ~ CJ Mahaney
- Vigorously your family’s schedule. Psalm 127:2
- Remind myself daily of the treasure God has entrusted to me in my children. Psalm 127:3
“What we leave TO our children is not nearly as important as what we leave IN them.” Pastor Mark Stuenzi
- Give my kids a greater dream than the American one. Psalm 127:4-5
THE BEST MEASURE OF SUCCESS: Children who love God & love their neighbor
My NEXT STEP with God is to…
- …choose an insight I needed to hear today and write it on my mirror or tape it to my steering wheel as a daily reminder.
- …examine a typical week for my family. Are my kids getting more FROM me (experiences) or more OF me (relationship)?
- …watch the movie “Courageous” and write down at least one thing I plan to do differently as a result of the movie’s message.
- …accept the Summer 2019 Pastors’ Challenge!