The Best Days are in Front of You
Ecclesiastes 7:10 says, Do not say, "why is it that the former days were better than these?" For it is not from wisdom that you ask about this.
- Comparing what once was to what now is often distorts the reality of both the past & the present.
- Focusing on the good ol days brings into question the goodness of God now.
- Focusing on the former days creates a cynicism about our present life that is hard to turn around.
- In the kingdom to come we will never ask "Where are the good ol days?" We are citizens of that kingdom now!
- Constantly asking the question about the bygone better days may just make you unfit for service in the kingdom.
Topics: dedication, focus