- God feeds our soul through Nature. Psalm 19:1-6
- God feeds our soul through His word, specifically through His law. Psalm 19:7-11
What kinds of things do you tell yourself you NEED to satisfy your soul?
“Desire for a good thing becomes a bad thing when that desire becomes a ruling thing.” ~ Paul David Tripp
- Go somewhere outdoors that you find inspiring. Talk to God about what you see. Give Him credit for His work.
- What substitutes for God and His word do you find yourself believing will bring you the satisfaction you're craving in the moment? What is God calling you to do with that?
- Do you believe God's Law can revive your soul? If you're not sure, why not test God's claim this week? Set aside 2-4 hours to get away from the distractions of people, technology, and responsibilities, and just read several chapters from the Law of Moses (Genesis - Deuteronomy) or another portion of the Scripture. Ask God to revive your soul during that time with Him.
- Sign up to participate in the Fall home group session, and to begin reading the Old testament with us this September!