Racism and the Church
“Racism” = the belief that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. (merriam-webster.com)
TRUTH: There is no race that is superior to another. Galatians 3:26-29
What matters most to God is your faith, not your race.
How did the Church fall into racist thinking & practices?
- Bible passages that have been used to support racism
- Exodus 21:1-36, Deuteronomy 15:12-18
- Leviticus 25:44-46 counterpoint Exodus 22:21, Leviticus 19:33-34
- Genesis 11:1-9
- Genesis 9:18-27
- Bible passages to refute racist ideologies
- Matthew 20:25-28
- John 13:13-17
- John 1:12; 3:16
- Acts 17:26
- Galatians 3:26-29
TRUTH: All human life has equal value; no one race is superior to another.
QUESTION: What will YOU do about racism?
My NEXT STEP with God...
- With God’s help, I will resist the racism in my own heart and recognize the beauty and value of all people and races.
- Because I am a follower of Jesus, today I am making a commitment to stand against racism whenever I see it.
- I plan to dig deeper into the issue of racism by: