My Imperfect Husband pt1
WHY are wives called to submission?
Following your husband’s leadership is the most powerful tool you have to influence him toward Christ.
How wives try to change their husbands:
- Nag him
- Fight with him
- Seduce/Manipulate him
More husbands have been won over by their wives living the gospel than proclaiming it.
The following is from John Piper’s article, “The Beautiful Faith of Fearless Submission” DesiringGod.org
6 things that submission is not:
- Submission does not mean agreeing with everything your husband says.
- Submission does not mean leaving your brain at the wedding altar.
- Submission does not mean avoiding every effort to change your husband.
- Submission does not mean putting the will of the husband before the will of Christ.
- Submission does not mean that a wife gets her personal spiritual strength primarily through her husband.
- Submission does not mean that a wife is to act out of fear.
SUBMISSION IS THE DIVINE CALLING OF A WIFE TO HONOR AND AFFIRM HER HUSBAND’S LEADERSHIP AND HELP CARRY IT THROUGH ACCORDING TO HER GIFTS.