How does a person get “born again”?
- Admit that they’re not yet in the Kingdom of God.
- Believe that Jesus came to deal with their sin by becoming a sacrifice on their behalf.
- Choose to place personal faith in Jesus – that His sacrifice was for them.
Living hope in a dying world...
- ...reveals death as a finishing line, but it’s not the end.
- ...promises purpose in the struggle. The pain we face here is not not arbitrary.
- ...unveils to us that there is more than this.
Two promises of “living hope”:
- An eternal inheritance in heaven. V4
- God's protection until we get there. V5
ARE YOU BORN AGAIN?
- I need to be “born again”.
- Remind myself what my inheritance will be like by reading Revelation 21-22.
- Commit my specific suffering to Jesus. “Jesus, I give ________________ to You. Help me to see You in it; and by Your grace, see me through it.”
- Recommit to practicing Pi2 – pray, invest, invite – so that my friends & family who don’t yet have “living hope” through Jesus may be “born again”.