Hope for the Hopeless
Joshua 24 - God's prescription for discouragement: Remember!
- REMEMBER God’s Grace! (Joshua 24:1-4)
- REMEMBER God’s Promises of HOPE!
- REMEMBER God’s Provision (even in Trials)
- REMEMBER God’s Deliverance (Joshua 24:5-7)
- REMEMBER God’s Enabling Power. (Joshua 24:8-10)
- REMEMBER God’s Miraculous Power! (Joshua 24:11-12)
- REMEMBER God’s Abundant BLESSINGS! (Joshua 24:13)
Joshua 24:14-18 If we remember, what happens?
Joshua 24:14 God commands us to worship and serve Him
Joshua 24:16 Israel promised to serve the Lord. Because He is worthy.
Judges 2:10-12 How did Israel do with their promise? They forgot to remember and praise God for His blessings.
How can we break the cycle?
Philippians 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord always.
What about when it's hard? Thank God for the blessings we do have.
Philippians 4:5-6 - Stay calm rather than anxious. Pray with thanksgiving
Philippians 4:7 - Become more like Christ
Romans 8:28-29 What's God's best for you? Become more like Christ.
Philippians 4:8-9 What should we be thinking about?
- Make a list of God's blessings I have today.
- Thank God for His blessings every day!
- Tell people about God's blessings in everyday conversations
- Make another list of God's blessings in my life from the past.
- Meditate on ALL God's blessings when I get discouraged.