Hold onto your faith, God’s not Wrong!
In what ways is the Christian faith under attack?
- Arrogant thinkers, believing they are the enlightened ones, dismiss God as an expired product from the superstition aisle of the supermarket of ideas.
- What Christ-followers call “wisdom”, this enemy calls “archaic”.
- Power hungry tyrants, believing God to be a threat to their power, do everything they can to discredit His reputation and eliminate His influence in order to absorb for themselves the power that belongs only to God.
- What Christ followers call “holy fear”, this enemy calls “hocus pocus”.
- Free spirits, believing God to be a man-made agent designed to manipulate and control, cast Him off their back as a threat to their happiness, and work hard to erase Him altogether.
- What Christ followers call “morality”, this enemy calls “toxic”.
- Pain & suffering can lead to doubt and discouragement, and it can pull us away from God.
- What Christ followers call “the refiners fire”, this enemy calls “meaningless”.
“Godless leaders” are undermining the faith in two ways:
- They are encouraging God’s people to follow their sexual instincts rather than God’s more restrictive instructions on sexual morality. And their argument is grace.
- They are rejecting the authority of Jesus.
Sex is designed by God to be a unique, private, exclusive expression of intimacy between a man and a woman who have committed themselves to one another in the sacred bond of marriage.
Examples of destructive teachings found inside God’s churches:
- Hell isn’t actually a literal place.
- The gospel is too exclusive.
- God’s standards on sexuality are outdated & irrelevant.
- Your right to be happy is more important than your responsibility to do what God says is right.
3 actions steps we can take:
- Utterly reject leaders & teaching that contradict God’s Word.
- Invest in your relationship with God and establish habits that will enrich your faith.
- Undo the work of these ungodly leaders and teachings by helping others discover the truth.
My NEXT STEP with God this week:
- Which of the adversaries mentioned today has the greatest influence in my life right now?
- Is there an area of belief or practice where I’ve begun to doubt God?
- When I consider things God has told me to do or not do, am I believing God is for me or do I think He's holding back on me?