Handling Difficult Bible Passages
What Not to Do.
- Don’t turn to Google for an answer.
- Don’t assume the unexplained is inexplicable.
- Don’t presume the Bible is guilty until proven innocent.
- Don’t allow confusion on a mionr issue to cause a major crisis of faith.
- Don’t be bothered that you can’t understand everything.
What to do.
- Start with prayer.
- Check the context.
- Compare multiple translations.
- Let Scripture interpret Scripture.
- Consult a good study bible.
- Consult 1 or 2 good commentaries.
- Consider the options & ask, “Which one makes sense?”
What is Peter talking about in I Peter 3:18-22???
Who are these “spirits” and what does it mean that Jesus preached to them?
Does baptism have a part in my salvation?
The most important concept in this entire confusing passage is: The authority of Jesus Christ
Topics: bible study, immerse