God is your authoirty; Don’t resist where He’s put you.
Two Accusations (against Moses):
- Moses married a Cushite
- Moses has too much authority
Two Reasons (why we think Miriam is the instigator):
- Miriam’s name comes first
- Miriam is the one who gets leprosy
Two Clues (about Miriam’s background):
- Moses had an older sister
- Moses and Aaron are brothers
Two Defenses (supporting Moses’ character):
- “Moses was the most humble man on earth.”
- Moses doesn’t defend himself
Two Responses (from God):
- Miriam will be disgraced
- God will restore Miriam
APPLYING MIRIAM’S LESSON TO TODAY
Two Bible Passages:
- Romans 13:1-2 2
- I Peter 2:13-19
Two Ways to Pray (for your leaders):
- Wisdom to follow God’s leading, not just the latest ideas
- Open lines of communication
Two ways to Pray (for the rest of us):
- A spirit of humility that says to God, “Thy will be done.”
- Wisdom to know and live out God’s purposes for us
ARENAS OF AUTHORITY: church – school – work – home
- My NEXT STEP with God, THIS WEEK is to…
…identify 1 or 2 authorities in my life who I struggle with and ask God to make clear how He wants me to respond to them so
that God receives the most honor.
- …place my trust in Jesus as my highest authority.
- …join the follow-up conversation at one of our 3 home groups.