Understanding Suffering (1 Peter 1:6-9)Nathan Herrlin, 2018-03-18
Part of the 1 Peter: Hopeful Suffering series, preached at a Sunday Morning service
We can’t escape suffering; but we can understand it better.
5 Truths about suffering:
1. Christians are not exempt from suffering.
2. The blessing of your salvation far outweighs the burden of your suffering.
3. Your trials will not last forever.
4. Trials test & refine your faith.
5. Trials, rightly responded to, bring great glory to God!
What is God doing in my suffering?
1. Making my faith stronger.
2. Proving my faith genuine.
3. Using my faith to bring more praise to God.
REAL FAITH looks like this…
1 Peter 1:6-9